Location: This position is remote, based in Pittsburgh, PA and supported by our offices in New York City and Miami.
What we’re looking for: The Community Events Manager will be responsible for organizing and implementing all current and future events with the goal of cultivating stewardship and community building initiatives in socially and economically diverse neighborhoods. This position will play a key role in contributing to creating meaningful and impactful events to foster strong community bonds on a major project locally in Pittsburgh as well as other national events as needed. Acting as lead strategist on all events, while working closely with Street Plans Project Managers and Principals — the Community Events Manager will collaborate and communicate with internal staff, external clients, community groups, agencies, and volunteers to conceptualize events and oversee all aspects of implementation to ensure quality and alignment with strategic goals and policies.
The ideal candidate has experience in managing in-person events in the public realm, has a collaborative mindset, and is passionate about building community through the programming and activation of engaging public experiences. Must have a flexible schedule, be prepared to join meetings and conference calls earlier and later than regular business hours – including some weekends, and be willing to occasionally travel when it is safe to do so.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with clients and community groups to define and execute various community engagement opportunities
- Participate in the development process for all events from ideation to planning, fundraising, organizing, and on-site event management
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of events to engage the desired constituencies
- Work with leadership to determine event strategic goals, budget goals, track progress, and measure and evaluate events
- Oversee and approve the final selection of venues, technology and other event support services/tools for each event
- Develop and enforce all production timelines; distribute comprehensive event plans – including all logistical coordination – to ensure that all events are executed to the highest degree of excellence, accuracy, and professionalism
- Create and manage event marketing communication plans, including print, web, and social media
- 4-5 years of professional experience in events management and marketing, community engagement/organizing, and preferably creative placemaking
- Business Improvement District experience a plus.
- Skilled in managing complex events, and experienced with both event planning and day-of execution
- Public speaking experience a plus
- Extremely organized and meticulously detailed
- Great time management
- Creative self-starter with a high-level of customer service skills
- Ability to work well independently, seek support, and escalate when needed
- Experience designing and working with vendors to produce event materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Application Suites with a high level of general computer competency.
- Adobe InDesign or similar graphic design proficiency (or willingness to train in software).
- Spanish language proficiency a plus, but not required
Salary & Benefits
- $60,000 / yr, Exempt, Full-time
- IRA match
- Healthcare stipend
- Annual bonus (amount depends on company and personal performance)
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid maternity / paternity leave
- 12 paid holidays off
- 6 additional days off for Winter Break
- Flexible and relaxed work environment
To Apply: Email email@example.com with “Community Events Manager” in the subject of your email. Please include your Resume, Cover Letter, and any relevant work samples you’d like to highlight for this position – and a short description of your favorite street or public space – tell us why you love it in 250 words or less.