Part-Time Job Opportunity at Street Plans San Francisco!
The Street Plans Collaborative is seeking a part-time employee in our small but growing San Francisco office to assist with a variety of projects focused on active transportation, placemaking, public engagement, and Tactical Urbanism. If you are a creative person who is passionate about creating better streets and better places, we’d love to hear from you!
- Assist with design and implementation of Tactical Urbanism demonstration projects (typically 1-7 days in duration)
- Support our team in research, writing and graphics production for active transportation planning projects (such as citywide bike/walk master plans, corridor plans, etc.). Graphics include report documents, maps, infographics, posters, flyers and more.
- Assist with design and execution of public meetings and workshops.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from data gathered during public engagement activities.
- Assist with the preparation of proposal and presentation materials.
- Assist with day-to-day office administrative tasks.
Desired Skills + Experience
The ideal candidate is someone who is seeking to build or expand their portfolio and gain tangible, real-world experience in Tactical Urbanism and active transportation planning. Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for creating better streets and better places
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator; AutoCAD, Sketchup, and other design software skills are a plus
- Experience with event planning, communications, research, visual art and/or graphic design
- Spanish language skills are also a plus!
The Fine Print
- This is a part-time position, requiring a regular schedule of 20-24 hours per week from January through June 2017, at an hourly rate of $15-20 depending on experience. We are flexible in terms of the exact days/hours worked, and we are happy to discuss arrangements to work around classes and/or other part-time work schedules.
- The Streets Plans San Francisco office is a small, satellite office run by Project Director Julie Flynn. Candidate would be expected to work at least one day from our office in San Francisco’s Mission District, but would ideally be available for three full days to build team momentum!
- Candidate will need to use his or her own laptop for this position. Access to Adobe Creative Suite 6 preferred, but not required.
- Interested candidates should provide:
- A resume, cover letter, and sample of graphic/urban design work
- A short description of your favorite street or public space – tell us why you love it in 250 words or less!
- Please send materials and any questions to Project Director Julie Flynn – firstname.lastname@example.org